Department of English
Welcome to the Department of English, Mookambigai College of Engineering, Pudukkottai.
Department of English was established in the year 1985.
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. - Joseph Addison
The Department of English plays a vital role in improving linguistic and communication skills of the students from different backgrounds. Special attention is provided to the students of First year engineering with a view of helping them to get rid of their inhibition and boost up their confidence in facing the university examinations. A computer- aided lab installed with Anna University recommended software is used regularly to impart effective training on the four integrated language skills (LSRW).
The Department of English identifies talents of the students and sends them to other colleges for participating in various competitions. Our students prove to be talented enough to bring glory to our institution by winning prizes.
An English staff is in charge of the ‘Literary Club’ to involve the students in competitions. The Department of English also trains students in Master of Ceremony for various programmes conducted in the college.
Dr. V.Vijaya Reka Head of the department
To envisage the department as a centre to improve students’ communication skills in English and equip them with soft skills to meet the technological and socio economic needs of the present scenario.
- To impart LSRW skills in English to the students from rural background.
- To enable the students to use English language as a tool for employment and physical prosperity.
- To equip the students with manners, etiquettes and soft-skills.
- To inculcate artistic sense and human values among the students.
- To inculcate integrity and honesty through curricular, co-curricular and extra- curricular activities.