Department of Mechanical Engineering
Welcome to the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Mookambigai College of Engineering, Pudukkottai.
Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 1985.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been continuously growing since its establishment with an aim of preparing the students to excel in industry and be successful in higher studies. We are committed to give our students an outcome based education, through outcome based teaching and learning process which provides them an environment to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills as they advance through the programme. In addition to classroom teaching, the students gain practical knowledge through experiments in the laboratories which will help students to gain confidence and become skilled engineering Professionals.
Professor. L. Chandra Sekaran Head of the department
To produce competent Mechanical Engineers and cater to the changing industrial demands and societal
- To impart knowledge through effective teaching learning methodology in conducive environment.
- To motivate the students to pursue Higher education.
- To promote research activities of faculty and students by collaborating with industries.
- To encourage students in acquiring entrepreneurial skills for the betterment of the Society.
- To provide support in grooming the aspects like communication, interpersonal skills and ethical behavior.
- Successful with their career in professional sectors and government services or pursuing higher studies.
- Capable to handle modern engineering tools, technology and advanced softwares for deliberating engineering problem solutions.
- Ethical in behavior, socially responsible and engage in life long self learning process.
- Successful in their career relevant to their specialization and in government services.
- Applying the knowledge of manufacturing systems to design and develop solution for various problems related to manufacturing sector.
- Ethical in behavior with professional skills to work in a competitive working environment.
- Applying the concepts of Thermal, Material Science, CAD and Manufacturing Technology for design and development of Mechanical system.
- Possessing problem solving skills required in industry and contribute towards research.
- Having professional leadership skills to work in multidisciplinary teams with good communication skills and ethical values.
- Applying the knowledge of Manufacturing Systems to the solution of complex Engineering Problems.
- Applying the concepts of automated production system for improving the productivity.